Saturday, January 30, 2010

letting you go

I miss you
Since you’ve gone away
Part of me is missing
I feel it as I lay

My head down on my pillow
So soft and comforting
But it doesn’t ease the pain
My heart is still hurting

It aches to see you
One last time
To show how much I love you
Yet, I know this is a crime

I can’t help
But to think about the world
You tried to protect me from
When I was a young girl

You guide me
Along my journey in life
When no one else was there
You help me cope with strife

You taught me to be strong
And to be aware
Of people’s bad intentions
Their ability to be unfair

I’m not the sweet defenseless girl
I started out to be
You made me so much braver
Well, that and poverty

I will cherish you
And the memories that I have
Of being together
All the good and bad

To shed tears for you
Which I’m sure will happen at times
To remember our time together
And read these heart-felt rhymes

I have accepted that you’re gone now
And I have to set you free
No more haunting my dreams
Love you dearly

I would still love your visits, though
Every now and then
You are part of my life
And will be to my end.


I have to let go, so………..I’m letting you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment